It's good to have goals, and it feels great when you accomplish them!
That's right, I finished all the archers up for a commission I'm doing for a friend. You may be asking why some of the archers have different bases, but that'll come later this week. I tried out a new type of paint to get a particular basing effect.
It is a big relief to have all the archers completed. These particular ones by GW were an early forray into plastics, and as you can see there is little to no variation in the sculpt. This leads to a very boring repetition of painting the same model again and again and again. The only exception is the command group:
These three were actually metal figs. After painting so many of two different sculpts these guys were a lot of fun. Plastics have gotten much better since then, but there's a noticeable difference between something hand sculpted and 3D sculpted.
Not only did I finish up my archer goal, but I even got started on another commission for a different friend.
Mei Fang is coming along fine, and I have high hopes of completing her and a trio of Fire Gamin before Saturday. After that I've got a small grouping of OGRE minis to finish up before I start a secret project.