With Thanksgiving having just passed us by some of you may have noticed that nothing went up last week. The reason for that is due to a combination of lots of driving for work, and lots of work. In spite of my heavy work load I managed to get in some tidbits of work here and there. Time to show off what I accomplished.
First, some business. Let's start with a round of skeletons.
That's another ten down, and only eleven left to go! Getting closer now! I also managed to get a bunch of OGRE vehicles done in the Australian Camo. This one was a bit trickier since I had to go back and re-match some of the colors from my earlier attempt. The end result was a big improvement in my opinion.
I sat down and ended up doing all the vehicles from that group, which leaves me the infantry to do and I'll be done with that grouping of camo. Here's what else I did:
A couple of light tanks
A trio of trucks bearing heavy weapons emplacements
And a little bit of fun.
When I first offered to paint these for my friend he told me that he had a turret that had been damaged. I offered to repair it for him, but he told me that he had already took a soldering iron to the piece, as well as a touch of solder, to make it look damaged.
I put on a touch of black, some dark brown brushed over with metal, and a some splashes of inks/washes to try and give it a burnt/cooked look. I think the effect worked out nicely.
Some other things I did were to help another friend get some of his models pinned. Here's the grouping of the before:
I started it one night and finished it a day or two later. Just in time for him to pick them up and for me to forget to take an after shot. Maybe after they're painted.
I had assembled the plastic bits together for my Mei Fang box set, but I finally got them on their bases.
The bases are still a work in progress, but I'm using the same motif I use for my Rail Golem.
The other thing I accomplished was assembling my Ten Thunders crew, The Thunder, Box set.
Definitely Asian themed, and you may have noticed that they don't have bases. I've got some pre-made inserts which are pretty cool, but don't look as good with them on there. I may have to make up some custom ones to use. We'll have to see!