Thursday, May 8, 2014

Waiting For Paints

Having an airbrush is pretty awesome.  I can do basecoats in a fraction of the time it would normally take, which leaves more time for details.  The hard part I'm coming across, however, is getting airbrush specific paints.  While I can thin down my own paints I can see the potential for inconsistency, which doesn't make me happy.  Airbrush specific paints use a finer pigment, and are really really thin.  I could use them as a wash on my miniatures without the airbrush, to give you an idea of how thin they are. 

So why is it difficult to get my hands on airbrush paints?  Paint comes in different mediums, like acryllic or enamel, and there are multiple styles of paint for airbrushes.  These styles include paints for body paint, car paint, clothes, tans, and models.  There aren't too many lines out there, and the two I've heard of so far are Minitaire and Vallejo Air.  I mentioned both of these in my previous post, and that getting ahold of Minitaire paints has been rather difficult.  I have gotten my hands on some minitaire paints, and I'm trying to find an order for the bulk of paints I wanted to try.  It was delivered to my doorstep, but either disappeared or wasn't actually delivered.

The results from my last airbrush session can be found on my friend's site.  I've been a bit busy trying to read up on coding, exercising, and work.  I've actually taken a video that I need to upload to my PC and check out and see if I can upload it to the blog.  With any luck I'll find a free moment this weekend to take care of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment