This coming Wed is the start of a second Malifaux league that I'm running at a different store, but the store is a little light on appropriate scenery. I was asked to make some if I could, and as it turns out I can! A few years back I got into Castle Molds and making dungeon sets for my tabletop games. Well I cast a whole bunch of blocks, but ended up not using them all.
That's nowhere near the blocks I had or
used, just a small sampling. I spent my weekend shuffling blocks around both at home and at my FLGS. Here's a close up of what will become a part of the ruins.
I'm making these pieces so that they could be scattered about the play area however you want, or you could place them in such a way so that they appeared to be apart of the same structure. While I still have some work to do before Wednesday I at least managed to get the pieces assembled and mostly glued.
The "mostly glued," is because I need to follow a specific order of operations to create some effects that I want, like water effects. I got six small pieces that will spice up the battlefield nicely along with some obstructions to add a bit of texture. Let's start off with the medium size pieces: A piece of fencing, a large window from a chapel, and a corner well.
These are slightly larger pieces. On the left is a more gutted area of a
keep. There is a wall fountain on the right. The one in the middle is
a wall section that I have some special plans for. The eliptical shape
in front of it will be filled with a colored polymer to give it a
watery effect. Once that is done I'll be glueing it to the wall so as
to create a mystical portal effect.
Obstructions! You can see some fallen pillars, benches, an octagonal well, and a sarcophagus.
Obviously these are rough projections. The next step in the process will be primering and painting the pieces; as well as taking care of water effects, rubble/grit/dirt texture, and overgrowth. So much to do and so little time.