Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hands of Fate

In addition to playing war games/miniatures games I'm also a big fan of tabletop roleplaying games.  I started playing when I was nine years old, and when I was eleven I started running them (badly).  While I try not to talk about my early attempts gaming has been a big part of my life and a passion that I have carried with me throughout the years.  A few years ago I discovered the joy that is The Gamers: Dorkness Rising.  The movie is a humorous look at Gamers and how we enjoy our passion.  The movie touched a special place in my heart, and I have been waiting eagerly for the next installment.

That wait is nearing an end.  The Gamers: Hands of Fate has come to Kickstarter, and you can be certain I was there at the kickoff with my donation in hand.  I managed to get in at The Shadow's Minion level, and will be spending the next couple of months mulling over my options for what encounter I want to design.

If you're a tabletop gamer and haven't heard of Dorkness Rising I highly encourage you to check it out, along with Journey Quest.  Journey Quest was done by the same group, and written by the same writer, Matt Vancil.  It is no coincidence that I also contributed a good chunk to the kickstarter for the 2nd Season.

You don't have to be a gamer to enjoy either series.  The characters are well written and consistent, and the story offers something for both gamers and non-gamers.  Gamers will understand some of the inside jokes while non-gamers will get a glimpse into our world.  Either way it will be a hilarious movie to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment